Claim This Wiki
Claiming a Wiki[edit | edit source]
We at Gamepedia are glad you've taken an interest in claiming a wiki and becoming that wikis very own Wiki Guardian.
We ask that you read the following guidelines on what we expect of our Wiki Guardians to make sure you're up to the task!
- We hope that you monitor the wiki for spam, vandalism and false information.
- Keep the wiki up to date.
- Help other passionate members of your community in becoming fellow administrators.
- Be courteous to others.
- Be open to other opinions and ideas.
If this is all sounds good and you wish to claim the wiki, click the "Claim this Wiki" button on the wiki you wish to claim. Fill out the form and submit it. A wiki manager will review your claim. Remember to do what you're supposed to.
FAQ[edit | edit source]
There's another wiki editor who is super helpful, can I make them an admin?
- You can recommend them for promotion by contacting Gamepedia Staff either by using one of their talk-pages on this wiki, on IRC, or by emailing [email protected] with the subject: "Promotion request - wiki name".
How can I get an extension installed?
- Check if the extension is on the available extensions list.
- If Yes: Contact a member of Gamepedia Staff either by using one of their talk-pages on this wiki, on IRC, or by emailing [email protected] with the subject: "Extension request - wiki name".
- If No: Follow the same procedure for above, except understand that if the extension is not compatible with our network, we may not be able to add the extension.
I'm really proud of all the information I've added to my wiki, but it's not very pretty, can someone help me with design?
- Certainly! If you'd like to request design help, come ask the Gamepedia Staff on IRC, or email [email protected] with the subject: "Design request - wiki name".
I'm feeling lonely working on this wiki, how can I get more people to help me?
- Our staff is always happy to help with finding ways to grow the communities that support our wikis. Send an e-mail to [email protected] to start a conversation with our Community Manager about how to work on attracting more contributors and viewers to your wiki.