Patrolled edits is a feature which allows specific users to mark items in recent changes as having been "patrolled" or "approved". By default this is only available if you have Wiki Guardian and Administrator permissions.
This feature is useful when reviewing recent changes for undesirable edits, link spam and vandalism. This allows people (with permission to do so) to coordinate their patrolling activity, such that edits get checked over once, with less wasted effort (different people checking the same edit).
Marking edits as patrolled[edit | edit source]
- To mark an edit as patrolled
- Access Special:RecentChanges
- Changes which are not patrolled will be indicated with a red exclamation mark (!)
- Click the (diff) link next to an edit
- To mark the edit as patrolled, click the mark as patrolled link
Hiding patrolled edits from recent changes[edit | edit source]
Patrolled edits can be hidden from recent changes by adding &hidepatrolled=1 to the URL in the following form:
Customizating the marker[edit | edit source]
The formatting of the unpatrolled edit marker can be altered using CSS. The exclamation mark displayed on the Recent changes log is styled using the