I saw you edited the BadgeTable on the Dirty Bomb wiki. I took the liberty to change it a bit setting the icon size to 48px as i found they were too small. But it is not working. Only the Data:Badge Data:Badge] is ok. Why ? Can you please delete the Badges page I made ?
The Ninth seems to be off for now so I can't make the modifications.
Can you please rename 'http://dirtybomb.gamepedia.com/GUIDES' to 'New Player's Guide'
Can you please add to the topsection the following links ?
- New Player's Guide
- Game Modes
- I'm not sure what you mean by not working. It looks correct to me. It might just have been a temporary caching issue. Sometimes after saving a template, you may need to resave the page it's being used on as well or wait a short while for it to update.
- I've taken care of the other requests. OOeyes (talk) 05:21, 12 May 2015 (UTC)
I have another request. TheNinth seems to be inactive at least for now, and he does not answer my messages on Skype or Steam. So he can'"t help me :(
I made a new design for the wiki and would like to test it but unfortunately I can't as i don't have the admin rights to modify those files (main page and style pictures). Here is a preview of the style I would like to implement : http://i.imgur.com/XLmxRLV.jpg The needed files are there :
- http://i.imgur.com/jv6zp65.jpg = Skin-Body-Background.jpg
- http://i.imgur.com/CbP0nm0.jpg : Skin-Mobile-Background.jpg
- http://i.imgur.com/wJvkTeN.jpg : Skin-Header-Background.jpg
Apart from these pictures, the style must be reworked : text colour, table bg colour, page headers, etc... but I can't and don't know how.
- With Dirty Bomb being an official wiki, it's best we run this by Nexon first before this goes any further. We're waiting on a response from them right now. Until we hear back, we can't say either way whether we can permit something as significant as redesigning the skin. OOeyes (talk) 19:28, 14 May 2015 (UTC)
- Ok no problem. I have a question on that matter. I posted the link to the wiki on Warchest forums :http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/34389-Dirty-Bomb-Fan-Sites-Groups-Twitters-etc?p=528110&viewfull=1#post528110. Some guys there accused me of lying because they said they asked devs and that it is not official. Can you clarify this please ? --Pogs (talk) 01:02, 15 May 2015 (UTC)
- I apologize for the lateness of this reply. Unfortunately, I ended up pretty ill over the last several days, and I'm only now starting to catch up with things. I can't speak for what anyone else has heard, but I've double checked with our community manager, and the word we're getting from Nexon is that they do consider the Gamepedia wiki the official one. They've also given the thumbs-up to two different designs that have a logo identifying the wiki as official. So I'll go with that over random person on the internet. OOeyes (talk) 19:02, 21 May 2015 (UTC)
- Sorry that you were sick, I hope you'll recover fully soon ;) Well I don't understand as MissMurder the CM at Nexon told me this morning it was not official. Who's your source at Nexon ? Anyway if you have time for it, can you check what i've done for the wiki style : http://dirtybomb.gamepedia.com/User_talk:Pogs#Redesign. You can test it thoroughly if you copy my hydra.css file into yours ;) --Pogs (talk) 08:04, 22 May 2015 (UTC)
Russian Hearthstone Wiki[edit source]
I'm amazed by the number of articles in Hearthstone wiki, most of them are useful. However, there is no russian translation and I was confused when noticed it. Although we have russian wikia, it only contains 140 articles, comparing to 1800 in yours. The question is how should I start translating wiki on gamepedia to russian? As I have read, I have to start from main page? Thanks in advance. Isceruth (talk) 15:01, 30 June 2015 (UTC)
- You wouldn't necessarily have to start with the main page, but in deciding whether or not to open a translated wiki for a game, we do focus on the main page and the pages it links to to ensure that there has been a good start.
- Hearthstone Wiki is a little trickier because we do automated imports of card data to the wiki. I'm afraid, however, we would probably not be able to offer that to a second Hearthstone Wiki, so card data would have to manually entered or transferred from the English wiki. OOeyes (talk) 16:00, 30 June 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for response. Ok, so there are no barriers to start translating it.
Guardian Promotion Request: Dirty Bomb Wiki[edit source]
I have recently been made Guardian of the Dirty Bomb wiki. I have however noticed in my role, that a user called Lolnubcake has been making very helpful edits to the Dirty Bomb Wiki.
Would it be possible that this user is also promoted to the role of Guardian? He has not made one unhelpful edit, and his writing quality is very informative and helpful.
I believe he would be a real asset to this Wiki as Guardian.
- It's possible. I could promote him to administrator, which is basically the same, but with the wiki only having a small community, that's more or less having all the regular editors serving in an administrative role on a wiki that doesn't get many casual edits. In my opinion, it's very early to be promoting another user, and I don't believe the lack of administrative rights will hinder him in any meaningful way. At least when it comes to editing, there isn't much an administrator or guardian can do that a regular editor cannot.
- This isn't a reflection on his merit for promotion. If that were the only issue, I'd promote him if he asked. But it isn't customary to just promote every good editor on a wiki, and in this case, I'd need to be persuaded that the wiki needs another admin or that missing administrative rights is hindering his efforts before I'd support it. OOeyes (talk) 14:07, 4 January 2016 (UTC)
Dear OOEyes, Thanks very much for this clarification.
Left Sidebar: Dirty Bomb Wiki[edit source]
It has been requested on the Dirty Bomb wiki that the Maps page be added to the left sidebar for easy reference. Would this be possible please? Thanks, Penguin
- Since you're a wiki guardian, can't you modify MediaWiki:Sidebar? (on the dirty bomb wiki) -Xbony2, TriMaster (talk) 22:12, 11 January 2016 (UTC)
- Yes, that would be how to do it. Add a new line, probably under NAVIGATION, with **Maps. OOeyes (talk) 03:05, 12 January 2016 (UTC)
- Nice, didn't know I could do that! :D Penguinexpert1 (talk) 20:17, 12 January 2016 (UTC)
Hi, sorry to bother you over this, but I have a question. I am trying to edit the following page http://chronicle.gamepedia.com/Ozan so that the image does not push down the table. I cannot seem to manage this no matter where I place the image in the source code. The preview always looks good, but after I save the changes, the image is always relocated to a specific spot that pushes the card table down. I managed to somehow get it to work for Linza, but Ozan is just failing frustratingly hard. I think it may have to do with the size. Thank you very much for any assistance. 22.214.171.124 02:01, 16 April 2016 (UTC)
- Yeah, that's the ad space. I wrapped it in <div style="float: right;">^lt;/div> to let it float next to the ad. (Unfortunately, the right in the MediaWiki image syntax also has clear: right, which forces it below the ad.) OOeyes (talk) 08:48, 16 April 2016 (UTC)
- Ah, makes sense. I guess my adblock wasn't showing me an ad there. That was killing me so bad last night haha. Thanks for the prompt response. Btw, do you know a way to make the text block hanging, so that it has the same boundary on the right? If you look at the Ozan page, the last paragraph stretches beneath the image now. I'll go look at your other response to me on the Wiki. Thanks 126.96.36.199 14:20, 16 April 2016 (UTC)
Hey OOEyes. I made an edit to the Black Knight Titan's page, namely a history subsection for some historical context for those interested in it, also a list of reworks would be helpful to compile. Will this be automatically removed due to some preformatting built into the site that limits the pages to "Obtaining, Strategy, Quotes" subsections? Also, I'd like to petition renaming "Quote" to "Lore" as quotes aren't really relevant in Chronicle as far as I have seen. Thanks! 188.8.131.52 11:42, 13 July 2016 (UTC)
Editable tooltips[edit source]
My common.js: https://hexer.gamepedia.com/Benutzerin:DiamondDove/common.js
Templates: Vorlage:Tooltip_hover_box_loading, Vorlage:Tooltip_hover_box
Tooltip article: Hilbert/Tooltip