|Potential new wiki guardians must have edited the wiki prior to submitting a claim.|
Claiming a wiki[edit | edit source]
Claiming a wiki is done by clicking on the "Claim This Wiki" button at the top of the sidebar, below the wiki logo, to the left of the content area on the wiki. The example shown here to the right, is just an image.
- If the button is there, click it and fill out the for to have your claim processed.
- If the button is not there, the wiki has already been claimed. However, the current guardian may have become inactive. If this is the case, contact the Wiki manager (usually listed on the wiki's Community portal) directly and explain the situation.
Wiki Guardian responsibilities[edit | edit source]
We ask that you read the following guidelines which describe what is expected of our Wiki Guardians to make sure you're up to the task! We would like our wiki guardians to:
- Monitor the wiki for spam, vandalism and false information.
- Keep the wiki up to date.
- Help other passionate members of your community in becoming fellow administrators.
- Be courteous to others.
- Be open to other opinions and ideas.
If this is all sounds agreeable and you wish to claim the wiki, click the "Claim this Wiki" button on the wiki you wish to claim. Fill out the form and submit it. A wiki manager will review your claim.
FAQ[edit | edit source]
There's another wiki editor who is super helpful, can I make them an admin?
- You should first try contacting your wiki manager to recommend them for promotion. If you do not know who your wiki manager is, you can ask on the Gamepedia/Fandom Discord, or contact any Gamepedia staff member.
How can I get an extension installed?
- Check if the extension is on the available extensions list or if it is currently being evaluated for addition to the platform, here.
I'm really proud of all the information I've added to my wiki, but it's not very pretty, can someone help me with design?
I'm feeling lonely working on this wiki, how can I get more people to help me?
- Our staff is always happy to help with finding ways to grow the communities that support our wikis. Contact your wiki manager or ask on the Discord. You can also start a conversation with our Community Manager about how to work on attracting more contributors and viewers to your wiki by emailing Community@gamepedia.com.
My situation is not described here, what should I do?
- For any questions/requests not covered here, email Community@gamepedia.com