Looking to add an extension to your Gamepedia wiki? Please follow the steps below:
1. See if Gamepedia currently allows the extension by viewing the Extensions page.
- a. If it is listed on the page and isn't a forbidden extension: Move on to step 2.
- b. If it isn't listed on the page: Find a site that discusses the extension and grab the link. The MediaWiki Extensions category is a good place to look.
2. Reach out to the wiki's Gamepedia Wiki Manager to request the extension. You can contact the manager via one of the following ways:
- a. The wiki's Admin Noticeboard
- b. The manager's talk page
- c. The manager's profile comments
In your message to the manager, be sure to include the name of the extension. If it wasn't listed on the Extensions page, be sure to include the link so it can be reviewed.
If you cannot reach the Wiki Manager in any of these ways, feel free to email email@example.com to reach our community team.
3. Coordinate with the manager and the wiki's admin team. Sometimes, new extensions can have an impact on a wiki's existing configuration. It's recommended to work with the wiki's administrators to ensure the extension doesn't cause a negative impact. The manager and/or admin team may have a suggestion on an alternative route to take.
FAQ[edit | edit source]
How long will the extension take to be added?[edit | edit source]
This varies greatly depending upon the type of extension, how it will impact a wiki's existing configuration, and more. With extensions on the list it can take less than one day. Extensions not on the list can take longer since our platform team has to vet it. Your wiki manager will be able to give you a better estimate once you've reached out about the extension you're interested in.
Am I guaranteed to have a new extension approved?[edit | edit source]
Each new extension will undergo a vetting process by the Hydra platform team. If the extension appears problematic for security or compatibility reasons, sometimes our teams can suggest alternatives that will serve a similar purpose. We typically make every effort to help our editors find a solution for the situation at hand but cannot guarantee extensions will be approved.