Looking to add an extension to your Gamepedia wiki? Please follow the steps below:
How to request extensions[edit | edit source]
- See if Gamepedia currently allows the extension by viewing the Extensions page.
Extensions approved on Gamepedia[edit | edit source]
Reach out to the Wiki Manager for your wiki to request the extension. In your message to the manager, be sure to include the name of the extension and the wiki on which you'd like it installed. You can contact the manager via one of the following ways:
- The wiki's admin noticeboard or community portal
- The manager's talk page
- The manager's profile comments
If you cannot reach the Wiki Manager in any of these ways, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org to reach our community team.
Coordinate with the manager and the wiki's admin team. Sometimes, new extensions can have an impact on a wiki's existing configuration. It's recommended to work with the wiki's administrators to ensure the extension doesn't cause a negative impact. The manager and/or admin team may have a suggestion on an alternative route to take.
For extensions which create additional namespaces, like Gadgets, Scribunto, Widgets, and others, please wait until after the extension has been installed before trying to create documents in these namespaces.
Extensions not yet approved on Gamepedia[edit | edit source]
- Find a site that discusses the extension and copy the link. The MediaWiki Extensions category is a good place to look.
- Add the extension to the list below.
- Create a new section on the talk page with the following information:
- Extension name and link
- Your username
- Wiki the extension is requested on
- Description of your use case(s)
- Any other users that would also like to use the extension on their wiki should add a new comment with their information to the talk page.
Requested extensions pending review[edit | edit source]
- AudioButton - Pending review
- CodeMirror - Pending review
- FixedHeaderTable - Pending review
- GlobalUsage - Pending review
- Kartographer - Pending review
- LinkSuggest - Pending review
- Linter - Installed, but not fully functional yet.
FAQ[edit | edit source]
How long will the extension take to be added?[edit | edit source]
Extensions on the approved list can take less than one day to be added. Extensions not on the list have to be reviewed, with reviews happening on a quarterly basis. Your wiki manager will be able to give you a better timeline once you've reached out about the extension you're interested in.
Am I guaranteed to have a new extension approved?[edit | edit source]
Each new extension will undergo a vetting process by the Gamepedia team. If the extension appears problematic for security, licensing, or compatibility reasons, sometimes our teams can suggest alternatives that will serve a similar purpose. We typically make every effort to help our editors find a solution for the situation at hand but cannot guarantee extensions will be approved.