Twitch ID merge
Recently, we provided users the ability to merge their Gamepedia account with a new or existing Twitch account. With Twitch account merging, we're able to provide more streamlined account security, faster user support, and an easier log-in process. Now, we'd like to extend these benefits to all Gamepedia users.
After November 7th, 2017, all users will need to merge their Gamepedia account with a new or existing Twitch account. If you'd like to merge your account before November 7th, you can do so here.
Merging your account into a Twitch account takes less than a minute, and you won't lose any account data. Your display name, contributions, and WikiPoints won't be impacted at all. After merging accounts, you'll simply log in using your Twitch credentials.
- Bot accounts will require their own Twitch accounts
- Having a Twitch username which differs from your Gamepedia username WILL NOT affect your Gamepedia username
- If Twitch tells you that you cannot have the selected username, please check the username to see if it's actually taken by visiting twitch.tv/InsertUsernameHere
- If it is taken, a channel will show up and you'll need to pick another username
- If it is not taken, an error will show up, referencing a time machine, and you'll need to contact Gamepedia support for assistance (link below)
If that doesn't answer your questions, feel free to reach out to our support team here.