I saw you edited the BadgeTable on the Dirty Bomb wiki. I took the liberty to change it a bit setting the icon size to 48px as i found they were too small. But it is not working. Only the Data:Badge Data:Badge] is ok. Why ? Can you please delete the Badges page I made ?
The Ninth seems to be off for now so I can't make the modifications.
Can you please rename 'https://dirtybomb.gamepedia.com/GUIDES' to 'New Player's Guide'
Can you please add to the topsection the following links ?
- New Player's Guide
- Game Modes
- I'm not sure what you mean by not working. It looks correct to me. It might just have been a temporary caching issue. Sometimes after saving a template, you may need to resave the page it's being used on as well or wait a short while for it to update.
- I've taken care of the other requests. OOeyes (talk) 05:21, 12 May 2015 (UTC)
- 1 ========
- 2 Russian Hearthstone Wiki
- 3 Guardian Promotion Request: Dirty Bomb Wiki
- 4 Left Sidebar: Dirty Bomb Wiki
- 5 Chronicles:Runescape
- 6 Editable tooltips
- 7 Fire Emblem Main Page
- 8 Becoming an Admin on FE Warriors Gamepedia
- 9 Art of Conquest Wiki
- 10 Your Edits to Pokémon Wiki's Templates
- 11 Help with Image redirects on sub language, in Grimmwood
I have another request. TheNinth seems to be inactive at least for now, and he does not answer my messages on Skype or Steam. So he can'"t help me :(
I made a new design for the wiki and would like to test it but unfortunately I can't as i don't have the admin rights to modify those files (main page and style pictures). Here is a preview of the style I would like to implement : http://i.imgur.com/XLmxRLV.jpg The needed files are there :
- http://i.imgur.com/jv6zp65.jpg = Skin-Body-Background.jpg
- http://i.imgur.com/CbP0nm0.jpg : Skin-Mobile-Background.jpg
- http://i.imgur.com/wJvkTeN.jpg : Skin-Header-Background.jpg
Apart from these pictures, the style must be reworked : text colour, table bg colour, page headers, etc... but I can't and don't know how.
- With Dirty Bomb being an official wiki, it's best we run this by Nexon first before this goes any further. We're waiting on a response from them right now. Until we hear back, we can't say either way whether we can permit something as significant as redesigning the skin. OOeyes (talk) 19:28, 14 May 2015 (UTC)
- Ok no problem. I have a question on that matter. I posted the link to the wiki on Warchest forums :http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/34389-Dirty-Bomb-Fan-Sites-Groups-Twitters-etc?p=528110&viewfull=1#post528110. Some guys there accused me of lying because they said they asked devs and that it is not official. Can you clarify this please ? --Pogs (talk) 01:02, 15 May 2015 (UTC)
- I apologize for the lateness of this reply. Unfortunately, I ended up pretty ill over the last several days, and I'm only now starting to catch up with things. I can't speak for what anyone else has heard, but I've double checked with our community manager, and the word we're getting from Nexon is that they do consider the Gamepedia wiki the official one. They've also given the thumbs-up to two different designs that have a logo identifying the wiki as official. So I'll go with that over random person on the internet. OOeyes (talk) 19:02, 21 May 2015 (UTC)
- Sorry that you were sick, I hope you'll recover fully soon ;) Well I don't understand as MissMurder the CM at Nexon told me this morning it was not official. Who's your source at Nexon ? Anyway if you have time for it, can you check what i've done for the wiki style : https://dirtybomb.gamepedia.com/User_talk:Pogs#Redesign. You can test it thoroughly if you copy my hydra.css file into yours ;) --Pogs (talk) 08:04, 22 May 2015 (UTC)
Russian Hearthstone Wiki[edit source]
I'm amazed by the number of articles in Hearthstone wiki, most of them are useful. However, there is no russian translation and I was confused when noticed it. Although we have russian wikia, it only contains 140 articles, comparing to 1800 in yours. The question is how should I start translating wiki on gamepedia to russian? As I have read, I have to start from main page? Thanks in advance. Isceruth (talk) 15:01, 30 June 2015 (UTC)
- You wouldn't necessarily have to start with the main page, but in deciding whether or not to open a translated wiki for a game, we do focus on the main page and the pages it links to to ensure that there has been a good start.
- Hearthstone Wiki is a little trickier because we do automated imports of card data to the wiki. I'm afraid, however, we would probably not be able to offer that to a second Hearthstone Wiki, so card data would have to manually entered or transferred from the English wiki. OOeyes (talk) 16:00, 30 June 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for response. Ok, so there are no barriers to start translating it.
Guardian Promotion Request: Dirty Bomb Wiki[edit source]
I have recently been made Guardian of the Dirty Bomb wiki. I have however noticed in my role, that a user called Lolnubcake has been making very helpful edits to the Dirty Bomb Wiki.
Would it be possible that this user is also promoted to the role of Guardian? He has not made one unhelpful edit, and his writing quality is very informative and helpful.
I believe he would be a real asset to this Wiki as Guardian.
- It's possible. I could promote him to administrator, which is basically the same, but with the wiki only having a small community, that's more or less having all the regular editors serving in an administrative role on a wiki that doesn't get many casual edits. In my opinion, it's very early to be promoting another user, and I don't believe the lack of administrative rights will hinder him in any meaningful way. At least when it comes to editing, there isn't much an administrator or guardian can do that a regular editor cannot.
- This isn't a reflection on his merit for promotion. If that were the only issue, I'd promote him if he asked. But it isn't customary to just promote every good editor on a wiki, and in this case, I'd need to be persuaded that the wiki needs another admin or that missing administrative rights is hindering his efforts before I'd support it. OOeyes (talk) 14:07, 4 January 2016 (UTC)
Dear OOEyes, Thanks very much for this clarification.
Left Sidebar: Dirty Bomb Wiki[edit source]
It has been requested on the Dirty Bomb wiki that the Maps page be added to the left sidebar for easy reference. Would this be possible please? Thanks, Penguin
- Since you're a wiki guardian, can't you modify MediaWiki:Sidebar? (on the dirty bomb wiki) -Xbony2, TriMaster (talk) 22:12, 11 January 2016 (UTC)
- Yes, that would be how to do it. Add a new line, probably under NAVIGATION, with **Maps. OOeyes (talk) 03:05, 12 January 2016 (UTC)
- Nice, didn't know I could do that! :D Penguinexpert1 (talk) 20:17, 12 January 2016 (UTC)
Hi, sorry to bother you over this, but I have a question. I am trying to edit the following page https://chronicle.gamepedia.com/Ozan so that the image does not push down the table. I cannot seem to manage this no matter where I place the image in the source code. The preview always looks good, but after I save the changes, the image is always relocated to a specific spot that pushes the card table down. I managed to somehow get it to work for Linza, but Ozan is just failing frustratingly hard. I think it may have to do with the size. Thank you very much for any assistance. 188.8.131.52 02:01, 16 April 2016 (UTC)
- Yeah, that's the ad space. I wrapped it in <div style="float: right;">^lt;/div> to let it float next to the ad. (Unfortunately, the right in the MediaWiki image syntax also has clear: right, which forces it below the ad.) OOeyes (talk) 08:48, 16 April 2016 (UTC)
- Ah, makes sense. I guess my adblock wasn't showing me an ad there. That was killing me so bad last night haha. Thanks for the prompt response. Btw, do you know a way to make the text block hanging, so that it has the same boundary on the right? If you look at the Ozan page, the last paragraph stretches beneath the image now. I'll go look at your other response to me on the Wiki. Thanks 184.108.40.206 14:20, 16 April 2016 (UTC)
Hey OOEyes. I made an edit to the Black Knight Titan's page, namely a history subsection for some historical context for those interested in it, also a list of reworks would be helpful to compile. Will this be automatically removed due to some preformatting built into the site that limits the pages to "Obtaining, Strategy, Quotes" subsections? Also, I'd like to petition renaming "Quote" to "Lore" as quotes aren't really relevant in Chronicle as far as I have seen. Thanks! 220.127.116.11 11:42, 13 July 2016 (UTC)
Editable tooltips[edit source]
My common.js: https://hexer.gamepedia.com/Benutzerin:DiamondDove/common.js
Templates: Vorlage:Tooltip_hover_box_loading, Vorlage:Tooltip_hover_box
Tooltip article: Hilbert/Tooltip
- Looks like the script needed an update to deal with https. I edited your common.js to apply it. I think it should be working now. OOeyes (talk) 04:56, 14 March 2017 (UTC)
Fire Emblem Main Page[edit source]
I joined the new FE wiki and decided to help start it up from ground zero. I have done a lot of work in the Overwatch wiki so I thought I could be of use. However when I went to update the main page images for the Awakening title, it said you had protected the page from editing, which makes sense. Can you add the box covers for each game? I couldn't become a Wiki Guardian because the wiki is too new, so I cant do it myself. Thanks. -Gills97 (talk) 08:20, 16 May 2017 (UTC)
- The Fire Emblem Wiki is a special case. That was set up primarily for Teg, who is bureaucrat and administrator there. Since he has chosen to redesign the main page, I suggest asking him first. OOeyes (talk) 00:14, 18 May 2017 (UTC)
Becoming an Admin on FE Warriors Gamepedia[edit source]
Hello, user OOeyes. May I inquire you about something quickly? I'd just like to become an admin of FE Warriors Wiki (found here), as it seems to be poorly maintained at the moment and looks as if it could use some help. I promise to be an active participant on the Gamepedia if hired for the job, and truly wish to create a resource all players can refer to if necessary. Thank you.
- StreakofEmerald: it looks like there are four active (or at least semi-active) admins at the moment. I would encourage you to talk to them about how you can help and whatnot and do some more editing. "Teg" on that wiki can appoint you as an administrator if appropriate. -Xbony2, WikiNerd (talk) 21:34, 2 October 2017 (UTC)
- OOeyes: I'll do that, OOeyes. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
- Yes, this is best. I wouldn't be making a promotion myself without first asking Teg, so it'd be easier for you to just contact him directly, or just jump in as most edits don't require administrator status. OOeyes (talk) 04:48, 3 October 2017 (UTC)
- OOeyes: Teg has not yet responded to me as of posting this message. What should my next course of action be? Note that a main reason as to why I want to become an admin is to edit main pages so that they're up to snuff. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by StreakofEmerald (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Xbony2: Alright. Thank you for the directioning. --StreakofEmerald (talk) 18:28, 7 October 2017 (UTC)StreakofEmerald
- Xbony2: Teg is the correct person to contact first for the feheroes, fewarriors, and fireemblem wikis, as he requested the latter two. But I haven't been able to reach him either, so...
Art of Conquest Wiki[edit source]
I'm looking to change the homepage of the Art of Conquest Wiki: https://artofconquest.gamepedia.com/Art_of_Conquest_Wiki
I've been adding new pages and cleaning up some of the formatting recently.
Can I get permissions or do I have to ask you to make the changes?
Thanks in advance.
- I see you've been busy over there. You could use the claim button if you'd like, and once I approve it, you'll be able to edit the main page. OOeyes (talk) 00:05, 4 October 2017 (UTC)
Your Edits to Pokémon Wiki's Templates[edit source]
Hi Eyes,A lot, if not most, of the edits you made back earlier this year have broken most of our templates on the Pokémon Wiki. I went on hiatus for a bit, but I have been adding new Pokémon for the last couple years, adding anime episode pages, creating and editing templates, etc. and just came back to see almost all templates broken. I then started looking into it and it seems you added
<noinclude>[[pt-br:Predefinição:Type color normal]]</noinclude>to almost all of them, and some you added an extra bracket or something. These changes have had a cascading affect. My guess is one template you modified is used in most/all of the other templates and it was broken and thus cascaded down to all the other templates. I can help investigate, but some of the pages are admin-locked and I cannot edit those. If you need help, let me know, I know the wiki pretty well, having edited many of the templates, homepage, and added many pages over the years.
- As I later thought, seemed like it was one template affecting most of them. Thank you for finding which one it was and resolving the issue! Happy New Years! :) --Rahfal (talk) 18:36, 29 December 2017 (UTC)
Help with Image redirects on sub language, in Grimmwood[edit source]
I created few redirects for items images where, image name exactly matches the item name for easier templates. This works great on the English version, but when I try to replicate it in another language, the redirects do not work for some reason. They just don't redner when used in a page. I suspect there are multiple background redirects happening ... but can not find the right way to fix it nor any info to read about this.
The redirect appear in bot correct and in Broken redirects lists ..
- It's probably because the BG wiki doesn't have its own file page to redirect to. It's using the English wiki as a shared image repository, but that only pulls the actual image. It doesn't actually make a matching page on the other wiki, and redirects are mostly used with pages. You can create the file pages without having to upload the image, and that should fix the redirects, I believe. OOeyes (talk) 10:57, 29 May 2018 (UTC)
Thank you. I tried to create the local file page, it is already exists, and give me the options to "view shared storage", "edit local description".
Adding local description, removed the redirect from "broken redirects page" but it still show that file does not exists and it renders just like when used.